FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another zooming 1080 in 720 project question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Lombardi
Another zooming 1080 in 720 project question
on Mar 27, 2013 at 1:46:58 am

So I am editing a 4-camera concert video, and have 1080 multicam (already edited) footage dropped into a 720 timeline. I want to do some pan/zooms, so I selected the entire timeline and set spacial conform to NONE. Now there is a black edge all around my footage, and scale still says 100%. I am getting confused as to what I have available to me... can I now zoom by upscaling to the edge of the black space? How do I see what it will actually look like framed?

Also, I've read that I can set the spacial conform setting even in a clip in the event browser, prior to dropping the clip in a timeline, but when I select a multicam clip for editing, I only get an INFO screen in the inspector. How do I "preset" the spacial conform?

Thanks.
Frank

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Another zooming 1080 in 720 project question
on Mar 27, 2013 at 6:41:29 pm

To answer your second question, right clicking the multicam clip in the event browser and selecting open in timeline will give you each of your video tracks which you can then change properties of (filters, zoom, etc) which will carry through.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, and entertainment for your couch.

Return to posts index

Frank Lombardi
Re: Another zooming 1080 in 720 project question
on Mar 27, 2013 at 7:24:03 pm

Thanks,
Perhaps I'm missing something, but when I right click the clip I have the choice to open in angle editor. It opens in the timeline, and I can select all the clips, then change spatial conformity to NONE. However, when I close it back up, and begin editing it in the timeline, nothing looks different, and spatial conform once again says FIT. Scale remains 100%. If I change FIT to NONE now, the same thing happens, and my clip shrinks to show a black edge all around.

Can this all be remedied by leaving everything to FIT, and zooming between 100% and 133.3% (I've even read 150% max) ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]