FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade to FCPX 10.0.7 - what happens to allready made compound clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Plähn
Upgrade to FCPX 10.0.7 - what happens to allready made compound clips?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 8:48:44 pm

hello, i d like to upgrade to the new version of fcpx, but i m worried because i am working sind a few month on a film where i have a lot of projects coupled to an event, and all these projects contain loads of ompound clips.
i made several projects for different topics and a timeline project where i use versions of the compond clips in varied forms.
now i am really worried because as i understand the new version interpretes compound clips globally and wants to synchronize all instances.
does anybody of you have experiences upgrading old projects? can i keep working like i used to? i d be really thankful for help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Upgrade to FCPX 10.0.7 - what happens to allready made compound clips?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 9:10:42 pm

Existing compound clips will continue to function as they did but all new compound clips will take on the new functionality. My advice is never upgrade mid-project but I'll admit I've updated every release on the day it came out and haven't had any real issues so far.

As always, back everything up including your current version of FCPX in case it all goes horribly wrong...

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Christian Plähn
Re: Upgrade to FCPX 10.0.7 - what happens to allready made compound clips?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 9:16:58 pm

thanks a lot for your help! i know exactly what you mean and will keep waterproof backups before trying this, i m just very interested to get and use the wonderfull new features in all my project, and although keep working on this long term project which will take a while more to finish...
so, to be sure, you had old compound clips and everything stayed how it used to?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]