FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio cross fade in transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bowman
audio cross fade in transitions
on Mar 19, 2013 at 11:51:11 am

Who thought enforcing an audio cross fade on all transitions without an option to turn it off across thee board was a good idea? And have they been sacked?

Honestly, I spend a stupid amount of pointless time going back into transitions on clips and undoing this nonsense. I believe I am still the editor right? then surely the software should work with me, or even better for me, rather than doing its own thing and making me unpick its sociopathic decisions.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: audio cross fade in transitions
on Mar 19, 2013 at 2:22:34 pm

[Julian Bowman] "Who thought enforcing an audio cross fade on all transitions without an option to turn it off across thee board was a good idea? And have they been sacked?"

Expand the video and audio on the clips first (cntrl+S). When you apply a transition it will only be added to the picture. You can expand all clips and leave them expanded if you like. Unfortunately it's not the default.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
Re: audio cross fade in transitions
on Mar 19, 2013 at 9:34:26 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Expand the video and audio on the clips first (cntrl+S). When you apply a transition it will only be added to the picture. You can expand all clips and leave them expanded if you like. Unfortunately it's not the default."

Yes, but it can cause other problems with moving the audio. Take a look at this thread and the video example by David Eaks-
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/18364

As I said in posts here and have sent feedback to Apple, it sure would be nice if there was an option in the Inspector to not have the transition affect the audio (maybe a checkbox). You can't even disable the audio portion of the transition in Motion.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]