FORUMS: list search recent posts

Couple things

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Couple things
on Mar 17, 2013 at 3:44:48 pm

running OSX 10.8.3 FCPX 10.0.7 Mac Pro early 09 nVidia GT120 and GTX285

After I make an edit I usually hit the "play around" (shift - ?) command to see how it looks. Most of the time the time thumb will scroll through the timeline, however the video is not playing out. after I click on the timeline 4 or 5 times then it will play properly. Any one else have this issue?

Using a BMD Decklink Extreme 3 card and it will loose sync each time I select a new clip in the event browser. If I have extended desktop enabled, the monitor will switch to showing the computer desktop at 60i, once I hit the play button the monitor switches back to FCPX and 23.98.

If I hide X to check email then go back to X it is unresponsive and I have to quit out. If I check my email and don't hide X it seems to be OK.

Has anyone gone from running nVidia cards to ATI and seen improvement in FCPX?

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: Couple things
on Mar 17, 2013 at 5:29:53 pm

Hi,

you are not saying how much RAM you operate with and that could be an issue. Also, you state early 09 MacPro and that, by FCPX standards, is getting a bit old or at least less than optimum.

I can't speak for the BM card behaviour as I use AJA. Also the dual graphics cards is sometimes a cause of worry. You could try to replace those with a single 5870 ATI and see if you fare better.

hope this helps,

Patrice

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 18, 2013 at 1:37:43 am

I'm pretty sure Apple announced right off the bat that you can't have more than 1 graphics card installed and that X wouldn't function properly and would be unstable.

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Mar 18, 2013 at 1:12:54 pm

Bret - Thanks so much for the heads up on the 2 graphics cards no go. Pulled the GT120 this morning and things are much better.

"I did not know that"

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 18, 2013 at 3:31:52 pm

I seem to recall right after X was released this was discussed and Apple had a support doc or something basically saying "do NOT do that." People wanted to use an additional card to go full screen video out, while having another card power the events screen, etc. But Apple said it would get confused.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]