FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X title Missing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Dominguez
FCP X title Missing
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:58:32 pm

I created a title template in Motion 5 to use in FCP X, I use it in a project but yesterday I move the title template to another folder (Favorite Titles), and now the project have manny title missing because I change the location of my template. I putted back in the original folder so now everything is working.

Question there is a way to move the template (Titles/Generators/Effects/Transitions) to other folder and relink in FCPX.

Thanks,
Ricky Domínguez
Luna Films
Puerto Rico

Return to posts index

T. Payton
Re: FCP X title Missing
on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:04:17 pm

To do it simply. No. Those must live in the Motion Templates Folder.

However if you want to mess with symlinks you could move it to another location, sorta.

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1009-media-managing-motion-templa...

However, why do you want to move it?

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Ricky Dominguez
on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:47:34 pm

Thanks Payton for the help. I don't want to move them to another drive, I just want to do a better organize of my plug-ins.
For example in Title I have a folder call Ricky Title with manny titles I have created in Motion and in that folder I have a title that I use a lot so I created a folder call Ricky's Favorite were I want to move that title so it is faster to find that title.

Ricky Domínguez
Luna Films
Puerto Rico

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:49:53 pm

Oh yes you can organize to your hearts content WITHIN the sub folders. However, I believe that once you use a title and move it FCP X will loose the link to it for an existing project. Worth testing.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:16:51 pm

So perhaps make duplicates. Leave the old ones where they are and put duplicates in folders.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:42:55 pm

I sent feedback regarding this and you should too. A re-link function for text, effects, transitions and generators would be very helpful especially when sharing projects. An option to replace the original item with something else would be helpful too in the event the original item is no longer available.

anickt

Return to posts index

Ricky Dominguez
on Feb 28, 2013 at 8:02:39 pm

Thanks to all for the help. Nick I will send feedback to Apple to.

Return to posts index

Barbara Fritzsche
on Mar 18, 2013 at 7:11:36 pm

Hi

I had the same problem with the "Missing Title". There are two possible reasons for this. Either the other editor forgot to save the template on the external HD, or it is in the wrong folder. (He started the project, I am finishing it)

Anyhow, I wondered why Event Manager X does not find the title template? The Plug-In can locate the projects, it can locate the events, why is it unable to find the title linked to the project? Do they really have to programm another Plug In called "Effects Manager X" for this?!

Cheers
Barbara

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]