FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to zoom in and out using the mouse? Rather than command + and - ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Manno
Is there a way to zoom in and out using the mouse? Rather than command + and - ?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 3:32:28 am

Hi everyone.

As per the topic.. Is there some shortcut method of possibly using the mouse and a keyrpress or something to zoom the timeline in and out rather than having to use command + and -?

-Frank

Return to posts index

T. Payton
Re: Is there a way to zoom in and out using the mouse? Rather than command + and - ?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:15:20 pm

Use the zoom tool, with Z and then click in the timeline to zoom in, hold down option to zoom out. You can also draw a marquee to zoom in on an area.

I find myself using shift-Z to fit the entire timeline and then holding z and drawing a marquee to zoom on the area I want to work on.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Is there a way to zoom in and out using the mouse? Rather than command + and - ?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:20:27 pm

But why would you want to do that? Using a keyboard is always faster than a mouse! :)

I often use the magic trackpad. It would be nice if Apple actually supported their own device in their own software. Like zooms and rotations and such. Would be nice to have gestures for FF, zoom, rotate, etc.

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:41:25 pm

[Bret Williams] "But why would you want to do that? Using a keyboard is always faster than a mouse! :)"

Well now that you ask, actually I'm right handed so my right hand is on my mouse while my left one is on the left side of the keyboard. Thusly, pressing shift-Z and then Z and drawing a marquee doesn't require my left hand to more nor my right hand to leave my mouse.

Agreed about the gestures. Kinda weird that was left out. Seems like even my Magic Mouse could do more. I would like something where you could use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Perhaps holding the Z key and then using the scroll wheel would do that. And maybe zoom the viewer too.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:20:07 pm

It does that in AE without having to hold any modifier and it's really annoying. Especially with the touch mouse. I'm constantly zooming accidentally, and I forget it's there when I do need to zoom.

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:41:42 pm

Oh I completely agree. ScreenFlow does it too.

The worst for me is the Photoshop "flick panning" which is on by default.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]