FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting a QT file with 4 channels

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Gongora
Exporting a QT file with 4 channels
on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:52:41 pm

Hi, I'm being asked to export a QT Master with 4 channels. Ch 1 & 2 should have a Stereo Mix, and Ch 3 & 4 should ALSO have a stereo mix.
The source file I'm using in my timeline has a Mixed stereo audio file... That's it. No Effects, seprarate music, etc... We just worked on some video stuff.
I'm fairly familiar with exporting files with different roles, etc... but I tried to export a file and used the following settings:

XDCam HD 422
Roles as QT Multitrack movie
Add Audio track
Set same role for both audio tracks

Now, when I import the file into FCPX again, it comes up as a STEREO file, but I don't see 4 channels... Am I doing something wrong? How can I tell if the file I exported indeed has 4 tracks??
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Mario.

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
Re: Exporting a QT file with 4 channels
on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:42:39 pm

Open the file in QT 7 and then look in the movie inspector. That should show how many audio tracks you have.

You could duplicate the clip, attach it to the master clip and set it to a different role. Then when you export the file select roles seperate audio tracks and then assign the duplicate clip an alternative role.

Seems a tad over complicated - any ideas why?

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:51:43 pm

Yes, it's normal you see it that way. However, you should select the exported clip in the timeline, go to the inspector window, and check the "audio" tab. You should see it marked as "2 stereo". Now if you want to quickly check contents and levels, you can check or uncheck one of the pairs in the "channel configuration" in the inspector window. If you want to operate to each single channel, you need to break apart clip items and turn the "stereo" into "double mono" inside the inspector. Now you have four single tracks on the timeline. You can address them again into a double stereo set using the roles and exporting again in case you need.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:42:00 pm

Perhaps a picture will be helpful. Your share roles will look like this:

And the clip audio will look like this when imported in the inspector:

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Mario Gongora
on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:45:46 pm

You guys rock!
Worked beautifully! Thanks for your time and advice Michael and Fabrizio, and thank you T. Payton for the screen grabs.
Gratefully,
Mario.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]