FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting a series of clips on the timeline to a folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Edds
Exporting a series of clips on the timeline to a folder
on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:25:48 pm

In FCP 7 I could take a series of say 20 clips on the timeline, make a new bin, select all the clips, right click on them, select "make independent clip", drag them to the bin, then export out as separate clips with all the adjustments made like color correction, etc. into a folder.

Is there a way to do this in FCP X? I found the free program "clip exporter" but it will only export the raw clip - ie without any color correction, exposure, etc tweaks.

Thanks.

MBP I7 2.66, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, FCS 3, OS 10.6.4, 27in Apple Cinema display, G-Raid 4TB Raid 0, Sonnet Tempo Express Card

ExtremeStorms.com

Return to posts index

T. Payton
Re: Exporting a series of clips on the timeline to a folder
on Feb 26, 2013 at 12:51:44 am

You can surely do that in FCP X, but there is no batch functionality... yet. (That is not an insider information "yet", but just a hopeful "yet".)

1. You would need to select each clip individually and create a create a compound clip (Option-G)
That will add a compound clip with all the effects & cc baked in.

2. Now you will have to select those clips individually and share them from the event browser. You can define a default share such as master file which would create a prores file.

The only good news here is that you don't have to wait for the exports to complete, that will be done in the background.

I wish it were different.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]