FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiclip audio; accessing separate tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Coffey
multiclip audio; accessing separate tracks
on Feb 25, 2013 at 7:04:16 pm

I have dual system audio, a duel mono track and wish to be able to access the separate tracks in a multiclip. Break Apart Clip Items doesn't work; not available after the multiclip has been made and not carried over when using it before making the multiclip. Thoughts anyone?

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
Re: multiclip audio; accessing separate tracks
on Feb 25, 2013 at 7:16:20 pm

Did you set the audio channel value of the original clip to dual mono before you synched it? Also, make sure that you have the correct audio angle selected in the multiclip viewer, otherwise you'll be accessing the original audio.

Also, break apart doesn't work on multiclips (unfortunately).

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP

Return to posts index

Mark Coffey
on Feb 25, 2013 at 7:32:25 pm

Are you saying that if the dual mono selection was made before the multiclip is made then the multiclip will allow access to both channels separately? I don't think that's correct but PLEASE, prove me wrong. Yes, I understand selecting the correct audio within the multiclip.

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:13:43 pm

It was a suggestion. Have you tried it yet?

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:53:17 pm

It is true that Multicam clips can't be separated, but you should have all the control you need by selecting just the audio channels you need and "create" a clip that has just the elements you want that you would normally break apart.

We do quite a bit as or normal dual system recording and end up with 3 or more mic sources. In this example below, 7D Camera audio, a H4n Mic (stereo) and a Rode Video Mic (dual mono).

Here is the inspector settings for the clip in the timeline:

And here is the timeline with audio components expanded:

It is pretty amazing when you use it.

Does this help?

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Mark Coffey
on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:31:26 pm

Thank you, Michael, for your in depth reply. The solution is to include my audio only file(s) as an "angle" in the multiclip. Then in the angle editor select the audio "angle" and, in the info section of the inspector, change the configuration from stereo to dual mono. Append the multiclip to a project (timeline) and expand audio components (contextual menu). Viola - the separate audio tracks are now available.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]