FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paste and Match Style

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gage
Paste and Match Style
on Feb 24, 2013 at 9:32:28 pm

These days, I seem to spend most of my life adding lower 3rd annotations to instructional videos. I've archived many of the more common statements, so I don't have to re-think and re-type them every time.

Up until a week ago, it was a major pain copying and pasting in quotes because to keep my formatting, I would need to do it via the Inspector in the Text field, so lots o' clicking to get it done. Out of the blue, I decided to right-click on the selected text within the viewer and I found an option called "Paste and Match Style". What a time saver for me!

This option doesn't exist in the menus nor could I find it available to map a keyboard shortcut to it. I'm still on 10.0.4, does anyone know if this command is found in the Edit menu in 10.0.7 or available to map as a keyboard shortcut?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Paste and Match Style
on Feb 24, 2013 at 10:12:12 pm

That's a finder operation, just like the spell check.

You'd map it through Finder not through fcpx.

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Feb 24, 2013 at 10:18:42 pm

Nice find:)

- Gerry

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Feb 24, 2013 at 10:54:57 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] " That's a finder operation, just like the spell check.

You'd map it through Finder not through fcpx."

Okay, that's doable. I do like the Apple default "Shift-Option-Command-V" to paste and keep the formatting where you are pasting into. I really thought based on how this command works in Mail and other apps, that it would work here or I could map it in the Keyboard Commands, but no such luck. In the meantime, right-clicking works fine.

I thought maybe this was available in a more current version of FCP X and would give me a reason to upgrade.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 25, 2013 at 1:39:55 pm

[Dave Gage] "I thought maybe this was available in a more current version of FCP X and would give me a reason to upgrade."

It is not as it's really a function of the Finder and not FCPX.

Although, not all applications will receive this global shortcut.

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:36:06 pm

Jermy,

I know there are 3rd party apps out there that allow you to do stuff like this, but I'm not sure I care enough to spend time on it. As I said, now that I know it's there, I'll just right-click. I use the "Shift-Option-Command-V" all the time and was hoping there was an easy way to do it here.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]