FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Time Compression / Expansion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandeep Sajeev
Audio Time Compression / Expansion
on Feb 22, 2013 at 8:39:15 am

Is there something that does this in X? Wondering if it's called something else.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Audio Time Compression / Expansion
on Feb 22, 2013 at 12:39:18 pm

You can just retime the audio clip the same way you can a video clip. Unfortunately this used to work perfectly and the sound was good, just faster. Then something changed with one of the updates around 4 or 5 and you now get reverb/robot effect and a treble/level boost. Sometimes I find it acceptable (especially for spots it can work as an effect) but if I need the re-timed audio to sound right I use the free program Audacity.

anickt

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Feb 22, 2013 at 1:01:01 pm

Thanks Nick.

Guess I'll be downloading Audacity. Strange that something so ubiquitous isn't in X, the Audio toolset is actually pretty good.

Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Feb 22, 2013 at 1:07:47 pm

It's there. It just doesn't work right any more unfortunately. I have reported it to Apple and they are working on it. I have a copy of 10.0.1 and I can speed up an audio clip 150% and it just got faster. The sound was the same. Can't do that in 10.0.7....

anickt

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 22, 2013 at 7:35:40 pm

You should tell him how to do it. After retiming your clip, go to the retime menu and check or uncheck pitch shift depending on your preference. Yes, it does seem like audio quality was better in the past. But I use it on whooshes and sfx a bit and seems ok. But not as good on voice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]