FORUMS: list search recent posts

what is the best fcpx keyboard?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Brown
what is the best fcpx keyboard?
on Feb 21, 2013 at 5:43:12 pm

I just bought a cover for my mac wireless keyboard: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/854305-REG/KB_Covers_FCPX_AW_CC_Final...

but i am a little disappointed in it as it only marks the primary shortcuts, ie ones accessed with a single key. it doesnt show any of the 2key or 3key commands.

is there such a keyboard?

i feel like thats the best way to really learn these keyboard commands, right?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: what is the best fcpx keyboard?
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:38:54 pm

That is truly the lamest keyboard cover I've ever seen. I'd send that back to BH.

Just learn the keys. Every time you have to go to the menu or right click to do a function, make it a point to learn the hot key instead. If you have a colored keyboard, you might not use the menus, but you might be lost without your colored keyboard as well.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Feb 25, 2013 at 7:56:27 am

I never understood the use of these. Personally I have no use for the stock keyboard hotkeys. My keyboard is completely custom. The Tilde key is the only thing left of the original setup. Since I have to jump back and forth to Avid I have a some similar setup so that my instinct muscle memory doesnt do anything destructive, therefore V,B are always my insert/overwright.

Once you use your custom setup a couple days, you pretty much memorize everything.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 25, 2013 at 12:57:32 pm

Back when I made the switch from Media100 to Avid I used to do the same thing. I carried around my settings on a ... floppy disk! Since Media100 was very much cmd+ key driven I mapped nearly all the commands I could to avid as shift+ keys, since Avid didn't map any keys to the shift command for the most part. But a similar problem arose when I forgot to bring my settings with me to a new gig. I was completely useless without my personal settings. Yes I could rebuild them as I went along, but until then I looked like an idiot hunting for the right keys or programming in my keys.

I guess the moral is learn the keys, whether they be custom or not. And bring your settings if you customize!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]