FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project wont open

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Project wont open
on Feb 20, 2013 at 11:18:14 pm

I have a multi-event project (as in all encompassing)One of the events is a multi-cam sync from plural eyes. After doing an export, a strange thing occured where part of my edit in a CC completely changed. I was hoping if I quit and reset the computer it may go back to what it was, however now I get a spinning beachball when I open the "whatever you call what used to be called a project". Using EMX I disabled the event that includes the plural eyes sync and this seems to solve the problem.

Of course my projects need that event, so I need to know whats the next step after having already trashed the prefs.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Project wont open
on Feb 20, 2013 at 11:53:17 pm

Will selecting your project in the project browser and selecting relink let you relink to your source media?

I'm sure you have a good reason for doing things the way you're doing them, but I find having one event for any project makes everything much easier.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, and entertainment for your couch.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Feb 21, 2013 at 12:08:08 am

When you use plural eyes it automatically creates a separate event for the multicam sync. I probably should have merged it in hindsight but I didn't. Now its showing that one offline though event manager still reads it on the hd.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Feb 21, 2013 at 12:11:50 am

Oh gotcha, I haven't had to use Plural Eyes yet since the built in auto-syncing has been working well for me.

So you're saying you can see the event in the event browser? If you select it does it show your clips as offline? IF so, does right clicking the event and relinking do any good?

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, and entertainment for your couch.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:07:40 am

Well the problem is I can't trouble shoot. Once I open the program with the problem event, I get beach ball and have to quit with task manager.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:41:41 am

OK, so sounds like your plural eyes event is corrupted. I bet there will be a "corrupted database" line in your system.log if you want to verify.

Is there a backup event in the backups folder?

-------------

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:30:07 pm

Before you do the backup, in the event folder, try this. For each of these you need to quit and relaunch FCPX.

- Delete the "Render" folder inside the event folder.
- Delete the "Analysis" folder if it exists.
- Also you can try to temporarily move the "Original Media" out of the event.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:13:03 am

So the render folder has several sub-folders inside of it. Should I just delete at the "Render folder" level?

Yes there is a backup event.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:42:48 am

Yeah just delete the entire render folder. It'll force everything to re-render which clears up a lot of glitches.

You can try renaming the backup to currentversion.fcpevent and temporarily replace the currentversion.fcpevent in there now. Just move the one in there now some place else.

-------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]