FORUMS: list search recent posts

Few newbie question..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Manno
Few newbie question..
on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:13:52 am

Just a few newbie questions..

I'm playing a clip in my event library, getting ready to press I for IN, now if I scroll the event browser thumbnails up or down, playback stops. If I touch anything, playback seems to stop.

Is this normal and is there an option for playback not to stop?

I want to be able to watch a 2 min segment of a clip but also want to scroll around the thumbnails as I look for another clip, but without stopping playback..

Second Question is, what's the fastest way to get back to the OUT point of my range on a clip in the event browser?

I want to set a range on my event and drop the clip to the timeline and and then do some timeline work and then want to go back to my OUT in the event again so I can continue skimming from that exact point. I've been clicking with the mouse but it's hit and miss whether I start from the exact OUT point or not. Then if I command + to make the clip larger so that hitting my OUT with the mouse can be more accurate, the clip doesn't center on screen and moves off somewhere..

Selecting a range on an event then getting back to the OUT point of that range later seems a bit clumsy to me. Either that or it's me who is clumsy.. :(

-Frank

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: Few newbie question..
on Feb 12, 2013 at 12:27:45 pm

[Frank Manno] "Selecting a range on an event then getting back to the OUT point of that range later seems a bit clumsy to me. Either that or it's me who is clumsy.. :( "

Mark > Go To > Range End, or shift-O.

If the timeline is active and you want to switch focus back to the event browser without having to click it, that's command-1.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Feb 12, 2013 at 5:16:20 pm

First Question: You can scroll in the event browser while in list mode, but not in thumbnail mode. But that feels more like a bug than a design to me. I would file a bug report with Apple using the Provide Feedback option in the Final Cut Pro menu.

Second Question: Shift + O to jump to OUT point. But what you're looking for is CMD 1. CMD 1 and CMD 2 will make the Event Browser and Timeline active, repectively. When you drop a clip into the timeline, the Event Browser stays active. Hit CMD-2 to activate the timeline and edit away. When ready to jump back to your previous clip at your previous spot, hit CMD-1.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Frank Manno
on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:42:37 pm

Thanks everyone !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]