FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX crashed, lost all edits!?!?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beachwood Productions
FCPX crashed, lost all edits!?!?
on Feb 12, 2013 at 2:22:38 am

I was doing an edit of some footage I shoot for a music video shoot. I was b-cam so this was just for me. Proxy footage was being used. I was in multi cam and had finished all editing and was now adding effects plugins. I was at the last edit working on a ramp speed effect to end it with. When out of no where FCPX just crashed. You know the old, do you want to send Apple a message bla bla bla. I reopened thinking I would only have lost the last few effects, but to my amazement they where all gone. Nothing left in my project window. I dropped the multi-cam back on to the timeline and yes all the edits and effect where gone. So much for the auto save function. Is there any way to be sure this thing is saving? If I was going this for a client on any kind of deadline I would have been screwed. Now just very annoyed. :(

Peter Wilcox
Beachwood Productions

Return to posts index

stefan kamp
Re: FCPX crashed, lost all edits!?!?
on Feb 12, 2013 at 10:16:59 pm

ProVersioner

FCP ,Ppro ,MC, Lightworks (the old stuff)

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:25:32 pm

I have had numerous crashes, but have only lost an edit once, which is once too many. FCPX needs some method of versioning or to bring back the autosave concept. I've heard buzzes that this is being worked on.

That being said, is there a backup project in your Final Cut Projects folder? That might recover some of your edits.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, and entertainment for your couch.

Return to posts index

Beachwood Productions
on Feb 13, 2013 at 4:12:24 am

I purchased Backups for FCPX. I couldn't take anymore chances. Check it out here.
http://npassociatesllc.com

Peter Wilcox
Beachwood Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]