FCPX - Keep titles, remove supporting clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Hunt
FCPX - Keep titles, remove supporting clip
on Feb 11, 2013 at 2:17:20 am

Hi Creative Cow Friends,

I have two questions for the forum:

1. How do I remove a clip that I've added titles to without also removing the titles themselves?
-- Currently when I remove the clip, the titles are deleted along with it
-- Also, Is there a way to turn off the option that constantly shrinks or expands the timeline automatically as you add or delete stuff from it?

2. Is there a way to replace multiple clips with a single clip while maintaining (and not removing) the titles that were originally attached to multiple clips?

Here's a shot of my timeline which applies to both questions above.

Thanks a bunch!!

Kevin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX - Keep titles, remove supporting clip
on Feb 11, 2013 at 3:25:22 am

[Kevin Hunt] "1. How do I remove a clip that I've added titles to without also removing the titles themselves?"

Shift-delete will delete a clip and replace it with a gap.

[Kevin Hunt] "-- Also, Is there a way to turn off the option that constantly shrinks or expands the timeline automatically as you add or delete stuff from it?"

Do everything with the position tool toggled on (p).

[Kevin Hunt] "2. Is there a way to replace multiple clips with a single clip while maintaining (and not removing) the titles that were originally attached to multiple clips?"

There's a replace edit function, yes. Mark an in on the incoming clip, mark the clip you want to replace in the timeline, and hit shift-r (replace from start).

Return to posts index

Kevin Hunt
Re: FCPX - Keep titles, remove supporting clip
on Feb 11, 2013 at 3:28:22 am

Jeremy,

Thanks for the help. Your response was super quick. I'll give these tips a try and let you know if I have any trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]