FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning FCPX project into template

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Croy
Turning FCPX project into template
on Feb 7, 2013 at 6:56:10 pm

I have created a FCPX project that I would like to use as a template. I have to make about 40 videos that would use this template. The video uses a picture in picture effect and also a shadow effect on the two images. Other then duplicating the project each time and changing out the two video sources is there another way of do this

Return to posts index

Tony Sarafoski
Re: Turning FCPX project into template
on Feb 7, 2013 at 10:36:46 pm

Have you thought about make this picture in picture a Motion template with drop zones?

Return to posts index

Robert Croy
on Feb 8, 2013 at 3:44:33 am

Yes I have. I got a Motion PIP effect from someone on this forum. It only has one Drop Zone and a bunch of items under a Rig. I haven't been able to add another Drop Zone to the effect and add a Rig for it also. What I have been doing is to use the effect on both videos and the control the size and rotation of the object. It works fine but it is not as easy as I would like. I do have to input the settings in each effect, where I would like to have the effect where there are are 2 Drop Zones, one will handle a 1024 x 768 video of a Powerpoint and the other Drop Zone is from a 720 x 480 video of a presenter. This drop zone would be considerably smaller then the first Drop Zone. Both of the Drop Zones are rotated in about 10 degrees to be at a slight angle with shadows applied to both. There should be an easier way to do this other then manual manipulation that I am currently doing.

Return to posts index

Robert Croy
on Feb 8, 2013 at 4:28:29 am

I figured it out. I made two jpegs of solid colors the size of the separate videos, created a generator in Motion, imported the jpegs, did the rotation I wanted, click drop zone on each and cleared the drop zone. Saved it as a generator to be used in Final Cut Pro. I should have thought of this earlier.

Return to posts index

Tony Sarafoski
on Feb 8, 2013 at 6:55:31 am

NIce one.... good luck with it all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]