FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unlinked clips and unexplained black media on timeline.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mari Jenkins
Unlinked clips and unexplained black media on timeline.
on Feb 7, 2013 at 5:05:43 pm

Two separate but related problems:

UNLINKED FILES LISTED AS UNLINKED: I noticed that FCX was giving me a lot of exclamation points saying clips were missing or unlinked. When I find the files in the folder I'm supposed to be looking for them in, it gives me errors that it won't import said files because they're not exactly the same files. It looks to me like FCX had some errors in its process of copying everything into the events folder, and then won't let me re-link to the original clips because they're not the weird clips FCX made and somehow lost in certain cases.

To be clear, nothing was moved in the Final Cut Events folder, so please don't try to blame this weird issue on me (people have already started doing that in previous posts).

UNLINKED FILES APPEARING AS BLACK: Secondly, I find a whole sequence which is almost all black video. "Reveal in Event Browser" does nothing to show me missing clips, just sits there without an error message like FCX does in so many cases. There are many clips in the Original Media Folder of the event the clips should be in, but they don't show up in the event within FCX. When I try to Relink Project Files, it says "38 files found, but 38 files are not compatible"

I'm lost. Any inquiries I've made so far are like "Oh, you must have moved something, idiot. It can't be FCX's fault!!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]