FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic equipment

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Ego
Basic equipment
on Feb 7, 2013 at 8:41:17 am

Hi!

So I just made some money and I’m thinking of spending it on improving my editing area that right now only consists of a macbook and fcpx. My question is therefore, what are the video editing equipment which you have bought and since that day can’t live without.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Re: Basic equipment
on Feb 7, 2013 at 9:29:08 pm

Assuming you already own an external fast array for the media you currently work on and a set for safe storage for archiving, depending on how much media you work on, my fist step up would be a double large monitor setup. Desktop space is never enough. When I'm on a trip gathering material and rough cutting it on my MBP I find it very limiting. When I'm back in my office and transfer everything on my MP with two large monitors, everything looks nice and clean and I can read clip's notes and have a real grip on the event browser.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Max Ego
Re: Basic equipment
on Feb 9, 2013 at 9:12:25 am

Hi Fabrizio and thanks for the answer! Like you assumed I do have some external drives I forgot to mention. Therefore I’m now searching for a new monitor to expand my desktop, starting with one extra and taking it from there. If you have any proposals it would be great. Right now I’m looking at the Dell U2410 or U2412M not really sure the about the difference yet. Also what’s the proper way to connect it? Is it through mini displayport with vga, dvi or hdmi …. Thank you once again.

/ Max

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]