FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicate Won't Copy Original Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Giberti
Duplicate Won't Copy Original Media
on Feb 3, 2013 at 7:14:52 pm

I'm stuck on this one.
I've duplicated a project with "+ Used Clips" option to a new media drive in order to collect all the original clips here and do all my finish work as well as streamline 6 weeks of shoots.

I've been bad/busy with file mgmt with FCPX so I took some time before starting this film to organize a bunch of projects that were spread over multiple drives. The Duplicate function worked great assembling all of the spots and films and all the associated media. Great way to do things I thought.

Now, despite all my attempts with this big project I'm just wrapping, it keeps saving reference files - not the project clips as it's supposed to. None of those source files are on the media drive I'm duplicating to and yet it simply won't gather the used media into the new associated Event ("Clips for...")

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Duplicate Won't Copy Original Media
on Feb 3, 2013 at 11:00:38 pm

This changed in 10.0.6. with no notification. While it will create an extra step for you, it also creates an extra option. The one you've discovered. Now after you've done what you've done you have to take an extra step and highlight everything in the event and choose file>organize event files. (I think. Or is it consolidate? ) That will copy them over to the new event location.

Return to posts index

Jim Giberti
on Feb 3, 2013 at 11:13:16 pm

Thanks a lot Brett.
This makes sense given every thing I've tried.
I'm trying it right now but it doesn't allow me to select any clips and give me the "Organize Event Files" option. But it does when I simply select the Event in the Event Browser.
I'll pull the trigger and see if that does the trick.
Tanx in advance.

Return to posts index

Jim Giberti
on Feb 3, 2013 at 11:28:44 pm

Perfect Brett.
And thanks for pointing out the 1.0.6 change - that's what had me stuck.
I had just taken the time (which I'm so bad at) to duplicate and copy the used clips all of the X projects from the last year+ and they all did it without the second step.
Don't you love, as you said, "unannounced" changes.
Everything's compiling as I type...I can go watch football for a couple of hours.

Return to posts index

Davis Clark
on Feb 7, 2013 at 11:59:53 am

Use Free Duplicate File Finder To Find & Remove Duplicate Files

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]