FORUMS: list search recent posts

Something like Logic's "bounce in place" function?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Patton
Something like Logic's "bounce in place" function?
on Feb 2, 2013 at 7:10:16 am

I'm teaching my friend the basics of Final Cut, but every time we work on her project, something strange seems to have happened between our sessions. Let's say we have two clips with a title on the first clip and a transition between them. When I come back to it, there will be just one clip, and the title and transition are rendered into it. It's as if she went to File > Share and exported the project, then created a new project, imported the clip, and deleted the original project and all the clips. But she doesn't remember doing this, and I can't believe she would be able to do all that without realizing it. I've looked all around but I can't find any function to cause this to happen. Whatever it is, it must be fairly easy to do because she does it every single time without knowing how. As my title indicates, it would be something similar to Logic's "bounce in place" functionality. Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Something like Logic's "bounce in place" function?
on Feb 2, 2013 at 3:47:57 pm

Are you sure it's not a compound clip?

A screen grab might help the cause.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:40:34 pm

That's what it sounds like

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

Charlie Patton
on Feb 2, 2013 at 10:52:09 pm

That was it. I had ruled it out because I'm used to dealing with compound clips in the event library. I didn't see any visual indication these were compound clips, and my friend said she specifically didn't remember anything about creating compound clips. Guess she was wrong! Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]