FORUMS: list search recent posts

TTTT Keystroke from 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bowman
TTTT Keystroke from 7
on Feb 1, 2013 at 9:50:51 am

Right, just come across something I used to be able to do in 7 but doesn't work the same in the magnetic timeline so wondering if anyone else does this and how they achieve it.

I have 4 talking heads in my timeline, each is a separate piece I will export individually but i like having them all in one sequence. I have gaps between each one.

If I want to move something to the right of my timeline and create a space, before I would hit TTTT to select all to the right and simply move it all to the right, space created.

But in X if I just grab the clip and move it to the right it snaps back to where it was. If I use the position tool it only moves that which I have selected to the right so it overwrites the clips to its right and there doesn't appear to be a TTTT option in X that I can see.

Obviously I could zoom out, highlight all the clips I want and use the postion tool to move them, but that breaks the flow of my focus when the TTTT move way of doing it was so simple.

So if this makes sense and others use the timeline in this manner, can you let me know what you do to do what I used to be able to do?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Gregor Queck
Re: TTTT Keystroke from 7
on Feb 1, 2013 at 10:40:02 am

What I would try: Make sure you have snapping on, snap the skimmer to the cut you want the space to be and hit Alt-w. Then you can adjust the length of the space. Tricky part is, you have to zoom in a certain amount to see the handles of the space (gap clip).
Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Feb 1, 2013 at 12:30:44 pm

Insert a gap clp and trim the end of the gap.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2013 at 12:40:03 pm

-Wherever you want to insert a space, hit option-w to insert a gap, trim to taste.

-Click on an existing gap, hit control-d, type in a new duration.

-hit P. Select the first clip in primary you want to move, hit end, shift click last clip. Drag to taste.

You have to think of it not as selecting all clips to the right, but as how do I maneuver/push a clip at a specific point using the magnetic timeline to an advantage.

One of the nice things about the magnetic timeline is that it's fairly easy to move a wad of clips around without a Tetris penalty.

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Feb 1, 2013 at 5:14:03 pm

Thanks all. And yes, I see where you are coming from with this. Fundamentally I was creating a gap with the tttt option and dumping a gap in and changing the duration of it is perfectly acceptable to me. Just needed a different perspective.

Appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Cinnamon Kennedy
on Sep 4, 2013 at 3:46:59 pm

thank you all. I was really missing tttt!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]