FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio question about 2 chanels on one track (!?)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bowman
audio question about 2 chanels on one track (!?)
on Jan 31, 2013 at 3:48:24 pm

Hi, I use DSLRs and record to a audio harddrive. When I have two subjects I record one to each side of a stereo wav. In FCP7 I would simply drop the audio into the timeline, unjoin them and move the pan from -1 and +1 to 0 on each and was happy.

So in X I have used the sync option to join my audio to my video. I have managed to change the audio to Dual Mono and the pan is down the middle for both, which is great, but I don't see how to change the volume level for each one separately in case I want it more balanced. There are the waveforms mono1 and mono2 in the Connected area of the Channel Config of the Audio Inspector, but I cannot do anything on that other than turn either off. And when I detach audio in the timeline it just gives me one audio track of the combined dual mono tracks.

JUST SOLVED IT:

Once you detach audio you then right click and expand audio components, that gives me both the mono files. Cool, glad it is there. All a bit convoluted though isn't it?

Am leaving this post anyway in case it has some value to someone else trying to figure this out.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: audio question about 2 chanels on one track (!?)
on Jan 31, 2013 at 5:22:49 pm

No need to detach first. Opt-Click will expand audio components.

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:12:19 pm

Cheers Jari.

In fact since posting I have discovered that detaching isn't very wise at all as you can't reattach without creating a compound clip, so yes expand, do your business, then close :)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:47:45 pm

You can select all the relevant clips in the Event Browser, go to the audio portion of the inspector, and change the setting to dual mono.

This will ensure that every time you add a clip, it will be dual mono.

You can then adjust the levels separately in the timeline as has been already mentioned.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Feb 1, 2013 at 7:05:10 am

Cheers Jeremy, nice to know it can be done as a group. Appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]