FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default FCPX Project Location

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Rabkin
Default FCPX Project Location
on Jan 29, 2013 at 2:27:40 am

I have FCP X events and projects on several external drives. Recently, I was working on a project stored in one of these drives; its event was stored on the same drive. Let's say it was Drive01. When I finished, I quit FCP X.

The next day, I launched FCP X and selected an event on a different drive -- say Drive02. I created a new project, and FCP X defaulted the associated event to the correct event on Drive02. When I had finished editing this new project, I displayed the Project Library, where I was surprised to find that FCP X had created my new project on Drive01, not on Drive02 where the associated event was.

How does FCP X determine where to store a new project?

Thanks,
FastBill

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Default FCPX Project Location
on Jan 29, 2013 at 3:18:49 am

In X the controlling file is always an EVENT. Projects are ALWAYS linked to a targeted Event (tho a project can reference assets from across other events, they are primarily linked to just one)

So where you projects gets stored is dependent on the active EVENT that you have targeted when you create the project.

If you want to store a Project elsewhere - target a different Event in your Event Library that lives where you want your Project to live before you create the new Project.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bill Rabkin
Re: Default FCPX Project Location
on Jan 29, 2013 at 3:28:15 am

Thanks, Bill. I thought I had selected the event on Drive02 before I created the new project, but apparently I had not.

I prefer to keep everything related to one shoot on a single drive. So, how do I now move the project that is in the wrong event (and on the wrong drive) to the correct event (on the desired target drive)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]