FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Plugins for FCPX!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zenas Hutcheson
FCP7 Plugins for FCPX!
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:06:33 am

This is my first time posting here but I have always found the threads very helpful in the past from Google searches.

I now edit on FCPX. I miss the precise parameter controls of the effects and frame controls as compared to FCP7. Right now I am trying to use the projector effect but I do not want to have the dust. I know in FCP7 there was a slider that would allow you to take the dust out.

My question is has anyone ported the older FCP7 plugins or are there a good suite of plugins that come close? Does CS6 offer similar plugins to what FCP7 had such that perhaps I should learn that (which I do own) or should I fire up my laptop and run my projects back into FCP7 as needed for the more arcane tweaks. I am really loath to do the final option as I love editing on FCPX but I miss the FCP7 precision. The main plug in I am looking for right now is for a projector effect with good control over it. Thanks in advance for your time.

Z

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: FCP7 Plugins for FCPX!
on Jan 26, 2013 at 1:30:41 pm

Better still, open a copy of the effect in Motion.(ctrl click it)

The rig for the amount slider is made of most parameters of the Bad Film Filter. Select the Rig layer and look for parameters in the inspector. All the way to the right of each parameter is a down pointing arrow. Click that and select "Remove from Amount widget" (or such, I am not in front of it). Save

Go back to FCPX and apply the Projector Copy effect, sans dust.

hope this helps,

Patrice

Return to posts index

Zenas Hutcheson
Re: FCP7 Plugins for FCPX!
on Jan 27, 2013 at 8:09:58 pm

Thanks so much Patrice this is exactly what I am looking for.

Z

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]