FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggested actions to perform in the Event before adding media to the Project?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gage
Suggested actions to perform in the Event before adding media to the Project?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:14:21 pm

(I just read a thread over in the debate forum that inspired me to ask this question over here.)

[Bill Davis] "And to some extent, the better you prep your assets in the Event Browser, the better they work in your storylines since you'll spend less time doing stuff like trimming and color correction "in situ" and more time establishing the relationship between clips, sounds and assets"

I'm now beginning to do more prep work in the Event with a right-click to "Open in Timeline". Does anyone have or seen a list (or tutorial) of recommended actions to do in the Event Browser before beginning the edit? At this point, I'm only syncing up audio with video. I'll bet there's a bunch of tweaks that might make more sense to do in the Event vs. the Project.

Also, any disadvantages to performing some of the "pre-production" work in the Event?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Suggested actions to perform in the Event before adding media to the Project?
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:31:02 am

[Dave Gage] "Does anyone have or seen a list (or tutorial) of recommended actions to do in the Event Browser before beginning the edit? At this point, I'm only syncing up audio with video."

I'm sure there are other things... but at the very least I'd definitely assign roles your your audio, especially if there is more than one source. Lav/Boom/camera mic etc. Much easier than doing it clip by clip in the timeline if you forget. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]