FORUMS: list search recent posts

duplicate project with reference clips dont work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jurriaan van der kamp
duplicate project with reference clips dont work
on Jan 22, 2013 at 3:39:59 pm

Hi,
i work on fcpx 10.0.6 on snowleopard on a 2011 MBP I7.
I work with sony xdcam files ( coming from a sd 530 xdcam camera) i bring the clips in via firewire 400 straigt out of the camera's behind using sony xdcam transfer ( no fcpx can't bring them in directly into the event) Then i import them using import folder as clip collections so i leave the copy files to fcpx events folder unchecked. I think this save's room and i dont have to await all the copiing when i want to shut down the system.
Now. if i want to duplicate the project ( to my storage drive) it does so but it only duplicates the reference clips. So if i throw the original folder away ive duplicated "air". I could bring all he clips (or i have to sort the ones i've used) to this location by hand? But that would be a laim backup system. Or should i always copy everything to the event folder so that i have two folders with the same clips.
What can i do to solve this problem. Is there a way to make the used reference clips go "solid". So that the
duplicated project is self suporting (what it should be. like in fcp7. and im not even complaining about the lack of 2 secconds extra handels)
grtgs jur

Return to posts index

jurriaan van der kamp
Re: duplicate project with reference clips dont work
on Jan 22, 2013 at 6:43:15 pm

really difficult to answer i suppose...

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Jan 23, 2013 at 6:33:56 pm

Try this- select the Event or Events referenced by the Duplicated Project. Then File>Organize Media. That should do what you want.

Return to posts index

jurriaan van der kamp
on Jan 24, 2013 at 3:49:38 pm

it does! thanx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]