FORUMS: list search recent posts

insert edit in FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan crouch
insert edit in FCP X
on Jan 21, 2013 at 2:00:40 pm

Sorry to post more simple questions, but I can't find how to insert edit a clip. As in cmd c a clip or section of my edit and insert edit it in another part of the sequence. In FCP 7 it was SHIFT V.

The other question is, is it possible to make template's of effects, as in Favorite effects in FCP 7.
I have a simple dissolve I would like to repeat and can't find a way of saving it to use again.

Any help would be gratefully received,

Dan.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: insert edit in FCP X
on Jan 21, 2013 at 3:55:48 pm

[dan crouch] "Sorry to post more simple questions, but I can't find how to insert edit a clip. As in cmd c a clip or section of my edit and insert edit it in another part of the sequence. In FCP 7 it was SHIFT V."

Simply paste, command-v, in the primary. If you are using connected clips, you'll have to move them in to the primary first, or copy and paste the parent clips as well.

[dan crouch] "The other question is, is it possible to make template's of effects, as in Favorite effects in FCP 7.
I have a simple dissolve I would like to repeat and can't find a way of saving it to use again."

Unfortunately, only some transitions can modified in Motion to be used as a Motion Templates. Which one are you using?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 21, 2013 at 4:26:18 pm

On the other hand, you can do pretty cool stuff like highlighting all the dissolves in the timeline inspector, and change all their durations at once with ctrl+d and typing a duration. But yeah, favorites still needs reimplentation.

Return to posts index

dan crouch
on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:25:18 pm

Thanks very much for the post's.
So a simple paste is an insert edit, that's great, Ty.

The effect I was trying to save as a favorite was a simple dissolve. Oh well, maybe next update?

That does sound handy you can change all effects at once, very cool, maybe that's the workaround?

Thanks for the help,
Dan.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:08:45 pm

[dan crouch] "The effect I was trying to save as a favorite was a simple dissolve. Oh well, maybe next update?
"

You can set any dissolve to be the "default". You add the default transition by pressing command-t.

What you can't set is duration.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:50:22 am

I can see how a lack of favorites or the ability to save bins of fx or transitions in a project would upset some. I very rarely made favorites as it seemed they were just getting trashed all the time with driver updates from matrox. I would use the same effect by option dragging it from one spot in the timeline to the other. Still works in X thankfully.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]