FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX blinking out probably due to a software install

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
FCPX blinking out probably due to a software install
on Jan 18, 2013 at 12:55:23 pm

Final Cut Pro X has been rock-stable for me until the last few days. It'll 'blink out' soon after restart. I probably installed something that is making it unstable. To answer the un-asked question, yes, I've done all the Mac housekeeping that one usually does including repairing permissions and deleting FCPX preferences and clearing the PRAM. So, I post this to see if this has happened to anyone else and ask if you've narrowed it down to what might be interfering.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: FCPX blinking out probably due to a software install
on Jan 18, 2013 at 2:10:32 pm

What new plug-ins have you installed recently and right before it started having issues?

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jan 18, 2013 at 2:17:18 pm

I saw that Perian had been installed again after I had taken it out so I deleted it again. I had updated my Nvidia GTX285 graphics card driver (I also have an ATI 5770 card in my '09 Mac Pro 3,1). I also installed the latest CUDA driver for the Nvidia card. And, a couple of other things along the way that I can't remember. The installs remembered were the first things I checked but I can't undo the Nvidia driver install or the CUDA install it seems. Configuration note; I drive one 30" monitor with the ATI card (slot 1) and the other 30" monitor (both Apple) with the Nvidia card. FCPX has been running well in that configuration for some time.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 18, 2013 at 5:43:50 pm

I'd suspect the CUDA installs first.

While you might not be able to "undo" them, can you reinstall an older driver?

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jan 18, 2013 at 6:34:23 pm

Instead I took out the Nvidia card. Now my FCPX is rock solid again. I don't use Adobe so much that I need Open GL acceleration anyway. I'm a happy camper again.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 18, 2013 at 6:39:00 pm

That is certainly one way to undo it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]