FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie music video editing / syncing questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe De Bruin
newbie music video editing / syncing questions
on Jan 16, 2013 at 3:15:53 pm

Hello All,

This week I will be editing a video clip for school that was recently shot by having the band and singer performing while the track was played back on set (sound recorded into camera as reference). I haven't got the footage yet but as I have little experience and as I will only have a day to complete this I was thinking already of an efficient way to go about it.

Is it best to begin first by syncing all the various video clips with the studio recorded song clip then start editing?

and is it perhaps an idea to insert the studio recorded clip on the primary storyline then use the video clips as connected clips?

Return to posts index

Timothy Nordmann
Re: newbie music video editing / syncing questions
on Jan 16, 2013 at 8:20:42 pm

I personally would think about taking all of those clips and turning it into a multi clip to do your editing. You can sync them all up using the audio from the song that you captured using your camera. Then once it is all done and you've made all your cuts you can lay your studio audio underneath the video clips. Then make sure your audio in the multi clip audio is silenced and you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jan 16, 2013 at 8:25:51 pm

Often people use multicam editing as a starting point for this type of video.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, and entertainment for your couch.

Return to posts index

Joe De Bruin
on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:46:40 pm

Thanks, ill keep it in mind. Didnt occur to me as I thought seeing as it was a one camera shoot it would perhaps not be so effective.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]