FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio only editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Coffey
audio only editing
on Jan 15, 2013 at 4:51:31 pm

I have much audio only editing to do. I'm a picture editor so I don't know protools or really any of the audio software apps. In FCP7 audio editing is easy and I could do it there but I'd really like to do it in X. I've done a number of audio only segments in X but it's cumbersome and so far not intuitive. Can anyone here point me to tutorials or information that specifically addresses editing audio only in an X project. I'm not looking for tutorials that deal with audio enhancements just a workflow for audio only editing in the "timeline".

thanks

mark

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: audio only editing
on Jan 15, 2013 at 5:46:36 pm

Check out Ripple Trainings Sound Editing in FCPX.

Although it also covers more of audio enchancements (EQ, Noise Gate, ...)

I think Audio Editing is one of the areas where FCP X will have some work to do. Still don't have an audio-only transition (except for a self-made one by Alex4D)

Return to posts index

Mark Coffey
on Jan 15, 2013 at 5:52:17 pm

thanks, Mathieu

Have you used this tutorial? I've seen it listed but I wasn't confident it would provide what I'm looking for.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jan 15, 2013 at 6:01:17 pm

It's probably not 100% what your looking for but I've yet to see one of their tutorials that didn't teach me things I didn't know that makes my workflow better.

Bottom line is that audio editing isn't really FCPX's strong point right now, so even though I've done quite a few audio only edits using it, it's really not the right tool for the job and is always going to be a bit clunky to use.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on Jan 15, 2013 at 7:42:12 pm

Hi Mark,

yes, I bought it (not the second edition that was upgraded for 10.0.6 though, so I suppose there is some extra information in there now)

I was a bit dissapointed by the level of information in the tutorial, I expected it to be a bit more troughout.
I'm a big fan of Ripple Training, and I think they have some awesome tutorials and awesome deals (their Motion 5 training, DaVinci Training, their Macbreak Studio, some of the FCPX training)

Return to posts index

Mark Coffey
on Jan 17, 2013 at 5:11:22 pm

thanks Jeff and thanks again Mathieu. I'll keep floundering on and hope Apple pays more attention to the audio in the near future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]