FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intermittent command + (-) keys (zoom out) sents cursor to beginning of timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Wittman
Intermittent command + (-) keys (zoom out) sents cursor to beginning of timeline
on Jan 10, 2013 at 8:32:19 pm

Hello Cow Hands!

I have been using FCP X for several months and just love it (after the painful transition process from FCP 6). I was wondering if anyone else has seen this anomaly. Intermittently, the cursor will jump to the beginning of any project timeline after I have used the Command plus (-) keys to zoom out on a project. Usually my cursor is several minutes into a project when this happens. All I want is to zoom out, not go back to the beginning of the project and look forward in my timeline for my clip again. Very weird!

This is happened with 10.0.6 and 10.0.7. I am using Lion on a MacBookPro.

Any thoughts?

Bruce Wittman
Executive Producer

Eagle Video Productions, Inc.
2201 Woodnell Drive
Raleigh, NC 27603-5240

Email: bruce@eaglevideo.com

pho: 919-779-7891
cel: 919-818-5556

Return to posts index

Nicholas Kleczewski
Re: Intermittent command + (-) keys (zoom out) sents cursor to beginning of timeline
on Jan 11, 2013 at 2:40:18 pm

Hey
Yeah, its most certainly a bug. It happens in various random instances I've found. It's probably not such much of a bug as it is something of a fallback plan Apple put into the code when the program gets confused. Instead of beach balling it or quitting all together it defaults back to home as sort of a reset for itself. It is completely annoying though!

Director, Editor, Colorist
http://www.trsociety.com

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
Re: Intermittent command + (-) keys (zoom out) sents cursor to beginning of timeline
on Jan 12, 2013 at 4:36:37 pm

I re-mapped the keyboard to my personal preference of cmd-up arrow / cmd-down arrow for zoom (on a full sized keyboard), and I have never experienced that bug on any version of the software.

Might be worth a try...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]