FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 work flow on Scratch

COW Forums : Assimilate Scratch

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jung huh
C300 work flow on Scratch
on Sep 28, 2015 at 9:08:56 pm

Hi, I`m Scratch user in Korea. I`ve got C300 MXF source and wanted to work with ACES color space, so I got ACES idt file at Canon home page. When I apply it on the MXF file by source mapping function after changing oversaturated ACES color space, then it looks normal, but shadow is crash if I don't lift`em up.

But the problem is high lights are too compressed. It`s too squeeze to grading and it`s log, so I can`t lift them up to 100. They are just compressed in limited about 90~95% signal when I try to lift them and shadow is too sensitive than linear. So I rendered them to Open-EXR 32bit and DPX 10bit. Finally, they started to move like a linear source in vector scope. (I`m use to work with linear sources.) I`m not sure this is correct work flow on Scratch because the contrast is unnatural than the original source when I render them to EXR or DPX.

I saw the rrt and odt files in ACES folder at assimlate forder in program files. As I know, they are one of stage in ACES work flow. If so, do I have to apply them somewhere when the color spaces are transformed to another target color spaces? If not, Are they apply automatically when I change setting values at render setting? I can`t find the tutoriar for it.

Return to posts index

Daniel Esperanssa
Re: C300 work flow on Scratch
on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:14:05 am

Already replied to your Facebook post.

Cheers
D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]