FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Apply a P3 (DCI) out LUT to quicktime and Save as/ Re-Export it??

COW Forums : Assimilate Scratch

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Martin
How to Apply a P3 (DCI) out LUT to quicktime and Save as/ Re-Export it??
on Jan 12, 2015 at 9:35:50 pm

I just finished a short film of mine awhile back and I am having an extremely difficult time with the quicktime deliverables.

The film is done: color and sound mix is complete. However the quicktimes that my post house exported from clipster do not have the color or gamma that is representative of the actual look of the film when viewing it in the cinema from the DCP.

I found that to be strange... So I opened up my quicktimes in the free Scratch Player app, went to construct and found that the quicktimes never had an output lut applied to them before export.

Set to Lin/sRGB in Construct, the same frame of my quicktime and 4k DPX (which is in 10bit LinearRGB) matched exactly in terms of color and gamma.
When changed to P3(DCI) under source mode, the quicktimes looked perfect and exactly how the colors appear when viewing the DCP.

However, I see the "Apply" button next to that setting is greyed out.... I basically just need to treat these quicktimes of my finish film as if they are dallies and be able to re-export them from Scratch Player with this P3(DCI) output LUT applied

Is this function (export/save as) with the P3 LUT applied to a Quicktime file available in this App? Do I need to buy a pro version of it? Which one - The $50 "Scratch" version from their online store?

Here attached is what I am seeing..

Return to posts index

Daniel Esperanssa
Re: How to Apply a P3 (DCI) out LUT to quicktime and Save as/ Re-Export it??
on Jan 14, 2015 at 4:43:02 am
Last Edited By Daniel Esperanssa on Jan 14, 2015 at 8:25:21 am

Hi Rob,
SCRATCH PLAY is...a free player. It doesn't process anything and the $ 5 "Premium" is just intended to remove the ads.
SCRATCH has a powerful colorspace management but to have those processed, you'll need to get a SCRATCH Lab or SCRATCH.
You can have an overview of how SCRATCH manages multiple colorspaces in one single project here: and here:
In your case, a SCRATCH Lab is enough. 1 day renting is $ 20 at http://www.assimilateinc.com/products/scratch-lab

Cheers
D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]