FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scratch Dailies - Output Individual shots?

COW Forums : Assimilate Scratch

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marie Celis
Scratch Dailies - Output Individual shots?
on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:21:45 pm

Does anyone know how to output individual MXFs and/or MOVs from Scratch for each shot?

I'm new to Scratch and I'm figuring out how to process Dailies using "Output" and "Process." I've figured out how to add burn in and change the output settings... but I haven't quite figured out how to export individual MOVs and/or MXFs for each shot. It seems to just output the whole construct as a whole in one file with all the shots combined.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Scratch Dailies - Output Individual shots?
on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:26:55 pm

This is explained in the manual as a function of the Shot Config section of your output. (http://www.assimilatesupport.com/akb/KnowledgebaseArticle50182.aspx) If that link doesn't work for you, you should definitely get with Assimilate to get a login for their support site. After reading that section, you should understand that by clicking on the File Name in your output node will bring up a naming dialog where you can choose how the output shots are named. This is different for MXF than MOV, as explained in the manual, but it becomes clearer when you do some testing to see how it works. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Barend Onneweer
Re: Scratch Dailies - Output Individual shots?
on Aug 20, 2011 at 8:57:28 pm

But to add to that: if you just output to a quicktime with a simple name it will make it into one movie.

But as soon as you include other strings into the filename like #sname or #eventno, the filename will include the sourceclip name or the slot number and thus automatically create separate files.

Definitely good to test and play around with. The possibilities are really powerful.

Raamw3rk - digital storytelling and visual effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]