FORUMS: list search recent posts

Send projects from Final Cut Pro X (FCPx) to Scratch

COW Forums : Assimilate Scratch

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matias Canelson
Send projects from Final Cut Pro X (FCPx) to Scratch
on Mar 8, 2013 at 3:49:00 pm

Hello! I'm creating a list to check if Final Cut Pro X is ready to be used on our workflows (I'm pretty sure it's not). One of the items of my list is sending a final offline cut from FCPx to Assimilate Scratch for color grading.

Exporting an XML from FCPx doesn't seem to be compatible with Scratch 6.1 or 7, so I wanted to know if any of you received a sequence from FCPx and how did the editor send it to you? Did he used EDL-X or any other workaround?

Thanks.

PS: We do everything with FCP7 and it works perfect, but as is has reached EOL almost two years ago, I'm starting to search for alternatives and where I live almost everybody uses Final Cut Pro 7, so I suppose they will be moving to Final Cut Pro X sooner or later.

--
MatiasCanelson
http://www.canelson.com.ar

Return to posts index

Dennis Kutchera
Re: Send projects from Final Cut Pro X (FCPx) to Scratch
on Mar 13, 2013 at 5:53:55 pm

If you are used to Final Cut Pro 7, you might enjoy Adobe Premiere CS6. It feels like what Final Cut Pro 8 should have been. You can download a 30 day trial from Adobe. I don't know how well it will work with Scratch, but probably better than Final Cut Pro X. You can open Final Cut Pro 7 projects in Premiere, so it is hopeful.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Matthias Aderhold
Re: Send projects from Final Cut Pro X (FCPx) to Scratch
on Apr 29, 2013 at 9:16:54 am

Hi,

Scratch does not support FCPx-xmls at the moment.
You'd need to use something likt Xto7 to convert FCPx-XMLs
to "normal" FCP-xmls.

If you're going to use Premiere, be careful with it's AAFs.
It happens that Premiere puts the whole project into one of it's
AAFs.
So instead of only the timeline you selected, you have all of the timlines in your project in your AAF, which confuses other applications.

Mazze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]