FORUMS: list search recent posts

Various assimilate problems

COW Forums : Assimilate Scratch

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vincent lee
Various assimilate problems
on Feb 14, 2013 at 3:48:41 pm

here is a list of things that keep being weird on assimilate scratch..

1) Crashes all the time for no reason
2) Keyboard stops functioning after a a few minutes and only works again when I exit scratch and reopen (it makes error sound if Ipress 1-4 to select colors wheels for example or want to search for something I type in). (some keys work like command).
3) Menus keep hiding and then not coming back. (is there a way turn hiding off?)
4) HSV Key will disappear and then I select 'show matte' on and off its just not there anymore and I have to make a mask.
5) it seem to sometimes randomly play the next clip, and when I go back all the work I did is no longer applied.

HE LP! there is no tutotials or help for this. not that I can find.

I am on macpro1, gtx 570 gfx card, Lion 10.7.5, intel dual core 2x xeon processor, working with quicktime MOV. files HD 1080 25 fps,

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: Various assimilate problems
on Feb 14, 2013 at 4:34:56 pm

I have no experience with any of your errors, sorry, can't help.

However, point 3. (menu hiding) can be related to the way you have setup your pen and tablet if you have one. Scratch works with 'swiping', so swiping your mouse/pen either to the left/right/or bottom of the screen brings up or hides menus. In order to make this work well it is sometimes necessary to alter the tablet settings and chenge the range of the tablet to 'portion'.

Hope this helped.

Good luck!

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

Ajit Nair
on Feb 20, 2013 at 7:13:07 pm

May i know on which version of SCRATCH you are experiencing this issues ?

Regards
Aj

Return to posts index

Daniel Esperanssa
on Mar 5, 2013 at 4:21:17 pm

Vincent,
Here are a quick comments:

1/ No reason for crashing. Answer is most probably in the logfile following the crash or the Crashlog file located in the project folder. My advice: get in touch with Assimilate support.

2/ Keyboard: Looks more like a HW issue. Quick keys are available when you hit "H", but ensure you've set your Mac keyboard to use Function keys in Mac System Preferences.

3/ Scratch has 4 swipe menus. Only the bottom menu can have the swipe turned off. Use the "No Bottom Swipe" in the User Settings.

4/HSV: Need to know which build you're on. In the meantime, use the "A" on the Player channels will get you what you want.

5/Again, need to know which build. Cannot reproduce without a step by step.

Wrt tutorials, there are about 50 tutos and webinars available publicly both on the Assimilate website or the Assimilate Vimeo channel, you should have looked there in the first place.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to download the latest Scratch 7.0 Finishing trial version available on the Assimilate website....

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel Esperanssa | Assimilate Europe Ltd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]