here is a list of things that keep being weird on assimilate scratch..
1) Crashes all the time for no reason
2) Keyboard stops functioning after a a few minutes and only works again when I exit scratch and reopen (it makes error sound if Ipress 1-4 to select colors wheels for example or want to search for something I type in). (some keys work like command).
3) Menus keep hiding and then not coming back. (is there a way turn hiding off?)
4) HSV Key will disappear and then I select 'show matte' on and off its just not there anymore and I have to make a mask.
5) it seem to sometimes randomly play the next clip, and when I go back all the work I did is no longer applied.
HE LP! there is no tutotials or help for this. not that I can find.
I am on macpro1, gtx 570 gfx card, Lion 10.7.5, intel dual core 2x xeon processor, working with quicktime MOV. files HD 1080 25 fps,
I have no experience with any of your errors, sorry, can't help.
However, point 3. (menu hiding) can be related to the way you have setup your pen and tablet if you have one. Scratch works with 'swiping', so swiping your mouse/pen either to the left/right/or bottom of the screen brings up or hides menus. In order to make this work well it is sometimes necessary to alter the tablet settings and chenge the range of the tablet to 'portion'.