FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scratch and mouse

COW Forums : Assimilate Scratch

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david hotes
Scratch and mouse
on Aug 9, 2012 at 5:08:15 pm

Hi i have access to scratch at night where i am intern but i have anybody to teach me so i am learning what i can see on the web. Editor takes his tangent devices home and all i am left with is mouse and keyboard is it possible to use scratch with mouse and keyboard? I been using it for some time and i find color such as gama gain lift not to easy to manipulate as with tangent devices is there a way to enable better mouse use in scratch? One last question when i move my cursor up and down the interface some times interface would disappear and i have to move my cursor again for it to appear is this normal is there a way to disable this?

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: Scratch and mouse
on Aug 9, 2012 at 5:39:43 pm

To answer the last question first, yes it's normal, it's called a swipe. You can swipe left, right and down to trigger different menu's and windows.

Now, for working with the mouse... Scratch is very much designed to work well with mouse, aor even better, a pen and tablet. To increase parameters you can make a circle gesture above the parameter, especially with a pen this is easy.

To work with the trackballs when you only have a mouse, there's also a handy solution. Press 2 on numeric keyboard and hold it, meanwhile you can leftclick anywhere in your image to move the trackball in a desired direction for the shadows. Hold 3 for midtones, 4 for highlights etc.

Good luck!

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

Matthias Aderhold
Re: Scratch and mouse
on Aug 28, 2012 at 12:53:03 pm

1) You can disable at least bottom swipe in the User Settings.
You can access them in the Main Menu, before entering a project - there you should find a button called "Disable Bottom Swipe".
I have it enabled all the time, because I usually have a preview monitor to view my image and do not want my controls disappear ;-) .

2) As mentioned before, you can use the Quickkeys 1-4 for Color A / Lift / Gamma / Gain / Color B - just hold them and click&drag across the image - this way you have at least a chance to be fast ;-) .
Additionally, you might consider buying yourself a Wacom Bamboo Tablet.
They are quite cheap (around 60,- for the Bamboo without touch-functionality (who ever needs this...)), handy to carry (not bigger than your iPad) and you just connect them via USB.
Using a tablet is a huge advantage compared to using a mouse with Scratch, especially when it comes to drawing masks, or altering values gestually, using the swipeable menus, etc. etc. ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]