FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrascope in a box running Scratch

COW Forums : Assimilate Scratch

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Phillips
Ultrascope in a box running Scratch
on Sep 16, 2009 at 8:32:44 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to run Ultrascope on its own video card in a PC that is also running Assimilate Scratch on another GPU.

thanks,
david

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultrascope in a box running Scratch
on Sep 16, 2009 at 11:51:00 pm

the bottom line is that if you do not have the exact required graphics card specified by Blackmagic, it's not going to work. With that said, I am unfamiliar with any of the super hi end NVidia graphics cards that Assimilate specifies that are compatible with the Ultrascope.

Everyone says "but this is a $2500 graphics card " ! Tough noogies.
Get the recommended graphics card, and your Ultrascope will work wonderfully (of course, Scratch will not).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Sep 17, 2009 at 8:55:23 am

I'd say no. Scratch is highly optimised. having another app run in the background would probably upset it.

if you have a free x1 slot for the scopes and a 16x for the gfx card try it.

If it doesnt you'll just have to build a pc.

Though if id did work you may struggle to get support through either companies.

s

Return to posts index

Sean Donnelly
on Sep 17, 2009 at 12:16:53 pm

My guess would be yes, but not at the same time, as Simon said. BM says ultrascope will work with the quadro 4800, which as I recall is one of the ones that scratch can use, but from my experience with speedgrade gpu based apps get mad when something else tries to access it. I guess you could try to run a lesser GPU in the same machine and somehow direct ultrascope to use that, but you'd be sacrificing 2 slots in your scratch box, probably something you'd rather not do.

-Sean Donnelly
Digital Supervisor, SFI

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Sep 17, 2009 at 1:28:39 pm

Yea sorry. To clarify I was talking about, at the same time. As in using the U_Scopes to monitor Scratch output.

s

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]