FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this workflow possible? Sync to pre-edited audio

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Pegram
Is this workflow possible? Sync to pre-edited audio
on Aug 29, 2012 at 8:34:56 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been a PluralEyes user for a few years now and typically have used it on narrative shoots with DSLRs and music videos on the same. For that it's always been extremely reliable and just the thing I needed to get the audio sync sorted out.

Right now I'm involved in some projects that are based around doing a video version of formerly audio-only podcasts.

Here's the key element: the podcast audio is edited after the recording. Sometimes our hosts will flub a line and ask to go back; other times we might cut certain content for time or interest, or at the hosts' request. It depends, but the bottom line is our audio podcasts are almost never without edits.

My question is, when I go to create the video for these podcasts, is there some way I could take my video and audio from the three cameras and sync that to the finished audio edit and have it preserve the cuts?

I tried it just now and it looks like PluralEyes finds a match early on in the clip and considers its job done, not taking into account variations that occur later on once the edits start, so things drift off.

Maybe PluralEyes isn't the right tool for this job; if not, can anyone think of a different way? Maybe if I sync the audio and video and then apply the cuts from the audio version to the video version (via EDL?) it would come out correctly in the end.

Thanks for any ideas!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]