FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pluraleyes for Avid MC 6.0 - problem with two different frame rates

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Rothenberg
Pluraleyes for Avid MC 6.0 - problem with two different frame rates
on Mar 5, 2012 at 4:34:25 pm

Hi - not sure how to work around this problem.

I am using Avid with Pluraleyes with footage that was recorded at two different frame rates. The main visual material is from a DSLR recorded at 23.98, while the audio comes from a video camera that was recording 29.97.

I was able to get both on the same timeline by digitizing into two different Avid projects, and then opening up the 29.97 bin in my 23.98 project. But Pluraleyes is not syncing it. Is there a solution? Right now the audio clips have a "(29.97 fps)" notation in the timeline but it plays them fine.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Rothenberg
Peak Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Rothenberg
Re: Pluraleyes for Avid MC 6.0 - problem with two different frame rates
on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:55:37 pm

Eventually I figured out a workaround which still required a fair amount of manual labor:

I exported the "good" 29.97 audio as AIF and imported it back in again, lined it up with its video. After grouping that audio with the video to make a single clip, I ran Pluraleyes again.

This time the syncing worked, although there were a couple of areas where the video came apart from its audio. Luckily I was just able to use Avid's sync indicator to slide clips back into line with each other.

I'd still be interested - and I'm sure others would too - if there is a more straightforward way around the problem.

Thanks.

Michael Rothenberg
Peak Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]