FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video-to-video sync tool - is there such an app?

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boris Missirkov
Video-to-video sync tool - is there such an app?
on Jul 5, 2018 at 4:36:47 pm

Hello,

Could anyone recommend a tool that is able to sync two tracks - online clips and their proxies - just by visual comparison, without any audio track present?

I'm trying to figure a way to deal with the footage from a DJI Osmo X5R camera in post. The raw footage from this camera is pretty good, but the workflow seems to be pure hell. The problem is that it records both RAW files and MPEG-4 proxies in-camera - but the proxies are always shorter by a random number of frames, between 5 and 50. Therefore, no editing software (Resolve, FCP or Premiere) can link the proxies to the master clips.

Audio is embedded only in the proxies, and the DNG image sequences have no sound - so in order to sync the raw footage with the audio from an external recorder, I'd have first to manually sync the two videos of each clip on timeline, and only then send it to PluralEyes for syncing with audio.

As I'm in the beginning of a long documentary shoot that will produce many hours of footage from this camera, any suggestions for automating the workflow are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]