FORUMS: list search recent posts

I've edited a rough cut in FCPX -now I've the sound guy’s audio & want to sync it with the edited cut that I have in the timeline of FCPX - can Plural Eyes work for me?

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cybil lake
I've edited a rough cut in FCPX -now I've the sound guy’s audio & want to sync it with the edited cut that I have in the timeline of FCPX - can Plural Eyes work for me?
on Feb 4, 2017 at 7:47:52 pm

HI! I am interested in purchasing Plural Eyes. But I’d like to know if it will help me with my issue. I have edited a rough cut in FCPX only using the camera’s sound. (*NOW I know that I should have synched my audio first)
Now, I have the sound guy’s audio and want to sync the new audio with the edited cut that I have in the timeline of FCPX. Will Plural Eyes be able to do that? I have made lots of edits. I’d love for this to work!

Return to posts index

Kevin Carlson
Re: I've edited a rough cut in FCPX -now I've the sound guy’s audio & want to sync it with the edited cut that I have in the timeline of FCPX - can Plural Eyes work for me?
on Feb 14, 2017 at 3:00:13 pm

Yep, I think you know now that you probably should have waited for the audio first, but if you right click on your audio track in PE, there is an option to allow it to split the track, but now that I'm writing this I'm not sure if that will split your clips. It might just create new tracks to move whole clips where they work better.

You might be able to sync raw video, export new video files paired with good audio and then online the new clips through media management.

Maybe you can use a demo to just see if any of this will work. Although, v4 seems to be even more buggy than v3 at the moment.

By the time you hassle with all of this it might be quicker to just re-assemble after sync. At least you've already made all of your decisions, so it should be a lot quicker than starting over.

Return to posts index

cybil lake
Re: I've edited a rough cut in FCPX -now I've the sound guy’s audio & want to sync it with the edited cut that I have in the timeline of FCPX - can Plural Eyes work for me?
on Mar 6, 2017 at 3:01:31 pm

thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]