FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Pluraleyes Sort and Sync Multiple Scenes or Only Multiple Angles of the Same Scene ??

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Smith
Can Pluraleyes Sort and Sync Multiple Scenes or Only Multiple Angles of the Same Scene ??
on Aug 7, 2016 at 5:36:27 am

Hey Creative Cow Friends,

I'm in a pickle. I'm starting work editing a feature film and the sound files are super disorganized. The file names are mislabeled so I have to resort to the audio slate. The problem is, sometimes I can't hear what the AC is saying. He also has a thick accent which makes understanding what he's saying challenging.

In short, it's a hot mess. Oh, and we're on a tight deadline... of course.

I usually use Premiere's merge clip tool for audio syncing, but because I don't know which audio files should be syncing with which video files, it's taking forever to get through a single scene.

I've never used Pluraleyes before and am wondering whether it can help handle a mess this size. Like, can I literally drag in all the clips from a day of shooting and all the audio and it will sort and sync? Or was it meant only as a tool to sync multiple camera angles to a single audio file?

I'm also wondering whether it will keep my file names of my proxies the same so that I don't cause issues for our online editor down the line.

Many thanks for any advice. Save me from my nightmare.

Sarah

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
Re: Can Pluraleyes Sort and Sync Multiple Scenes or Only Multiple Angles of the Same Scene ??
on Aug 7, 2016 at 7:03:36 pm

Hi Sarah,

PluralEyes is an awesome tool. PluralEyes matches audio from multiple files, both video with audio and audio alone and then synchronizes them (lines them up) on its timeline.
They can be all out of order and it often lines them all up perfectly.
I have shot with 4 cameras plus 2 audio only recorders and it is amazing with how well it syncs all those together. It has saved me many many hours as I used to line these types of files up manually.
I have not used it too much for multiple TAKES of the same scene, but I'm thinking it will still work well with that because no take is ever perfectly the same. It analyzes all the audio, ambient noise, dialog, birds chirping and tries to find all of the matching files based on that audio 'fingerprint'.

I believe RedGiant offers a free trial - not sure how it is limited, if at all.

Regards,
--Doug

Dell Precision T5500
2x Intel Xeon DP E5620 @ 2400MHz; Memory: 22528MB; Chipset:Intel 5520;
Video Card : AMD R9 290x
HDD: Crucial_SSD1 (256GB);WD(1000GB);WD(2000GB)

Return to posts index

Sarah Smith
Re: Can Pluraleyes Sort and Sync Multiple Scenes or Only Multiple Angles of the Same Scene ??
on Aug 7, 2016 at 7:23:06 pm

Thanks so much Doug!

It turns out that for many of the scenes the wireless hop on the camera wasn't working so there's no reference audio... FML

But I'm trying Pluraleyes and it's definitely a huge help in at least helping me sort stuff so that I can see more clearly where the major problems are.

I soldier on...

Cheers,
S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]