FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple audio track sync per single take sync question...

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan-David Soutar
Multiple audio track sync per single take sync question...
on Feb 25, 2016 at 5:32:28 am

Hi Guys!

I've got a single camera shot, but with multiple microphones that were all fed into one recorder. Naturally, the audio is listed under one source in Pluraleyes, but there may be 4-5 audio takes from a different camera for each individual video take. Is there a way for plural eyes to sync the multiple audio under one video take? Otherwise it seems I have to manually place them under each other in FCPX.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Multiple audio track sync per single take sync question...
on Mar 12, 2016 at 7:15:00 am

If you make separate bins for the audio so that the different takes are considered different source devices, it should be synced the way you want.

Return to posts index

Jan-David Soutar
on Mar 12, 2016 at 10:33:47 pm

I tried that but got an error message that said "Maxiumum number of tracks exceeded. I have 42 video clips and 256 audio tracks

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Mar 13, 2016 at 8:20:27 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Mar 13, 2016 at 8:48:36 am

Since it is a multi-track recording, you should split it into individual channels for each source and make one bin for each, ending up with five audio bins for your five sources, and one video bin, then sync that. Assuming your main camera still has a reference audio track that can be synced to.

(The more I think about this, the more convoluted it seems. You already have five synced audio channels that don't need to be resynced to each other, just to the master video, so it seems an unnecessary step to split them for resyncing. I'm not familiar with FCP, but in the current version of Premiere you have an option to sync individual clips by audio, so you might want to investigate if that option exists in FCP.)

I guess my advice would be to first try the approach of putting the audio clips into bins based on source and syncing that. It should go mostly fine, and any audio clips that don't get synced are easy enough to drag to the same starting point as the great majority that did sycn, since all the beginning points for the five different audio sources should be the exact same, as the recording was done multitrack with one master recorder all at the same time. (Right?)

TLDR: Five bins for five sources.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]