FORUMS: list search recent posts

PluralEyes Version 4

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Payne
PluralEyes Version 4
on Feb 19, 2016 at 10:25:33 pm

Anybody tried the latest version? It was released on Feb 10 2016.
I updated from 3.5.8 to v4 and it's completely different. Also utilizing the integration with Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.1).
On their site they claim:

"In previous versions of PluralEyes, there were over a dozen different sync combination possibilities (Try Really Hard, Change Clip Order...etc.), which meant you might have to run the sync several times before getting it right. In version 4.0, PluralEyes analyzes your footage and automatically uses the best possible options."

I can say based on my real world experience, this isn't necessarily the case. On a very simple 2 camera sit-down interview with only 3 takes (6 clips total) PluralEyes 4 failed miserably. The audio tracks recorded in-camera were both from the same mixer so this theoretically should have been super simple.

I created a timeline in Premiere and stacked the angles, then used the PE extension for Premiere Pro.
When PE finished, it had actually unlinked audio from video, and just generally made a mess of the original timeline. I ended up just expanding the audio tracks and it was very easy to sync just using the waveform displays.

Return to posts index

Mark Baird
Re: PluralEyes Version 4
on Feb 22, 2016 at 1:12:29 am

I just bought the update, trying to use it today...wow, what a letdown.

First of all, if it supports avid, i don't see how.

So i tried exporting a premier file, Avid, can't read it, resolve can't read it.

Tried exporting the 'extra' premier file with the audio replaced, Doesn't seem to write the file. if it did, it hid it someplace I can't find it.

cant even see a thumbnail of my head slate of each clip (Black Magic Cinema Camera recording in DNxHD mode.) of course all the codecs are on the computer, every other piece of software can read the files just fine.

Not sure I would have taken this upgrade if they'd been paying me 99 dollars to take it. since it was the other way round it seems a total rip off.

Return to posts index

Steven Pritchard
Re: PluralEyes Version 4
on Feb 24, 2016 at 7:56:51 am

Same here with Plural Eyes 4. Did a very simple one camera test with video from a Canon 5D and audio recorded on a Zoom H4. Both times it failed miserably to achieve sync while Premiere Pro succeeded first time. If Plural Eyes couldn't accomplish this task I don't want to think how it would go with a complex project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]