FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing MXF files

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Holman Wallace
Syncing MXF files
on Oct 27, 2015 at 5:58:21 pm

Hi there,

I'm trying to sync a lot of MXF files from a Canon C300 with wav. files separately recorded by a sound recordist.

The C300 has an internal mic on it.

Unfortunately, PluralEyes does not appear to be recognising the audio from the internal mic of the C300 and so cannot sync.

When I open these MXF files in Premiere Pro, I can playback the files and hear the audio from the internal mic. It's interesting that likewise, VLC player is not playing audio back for these files - even though I know that there is an internal mic on the camera and Premiere Pro is recognising the audio.

Is there any way to get PluralEyes to recognise this audio? I'm happy to transcode the MXF files into audio files or something and then replace within Premiere, if that's the only option.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mr. Dale

Return to posts index

Cris Cazor
Re: Syncing MXF files
on Nov 26, 2015 at 1:03:22 am
Last Edited By Cris Cazor on Nov 26, 2015 at 1:09:42 am

Hi Dale,

Im in a situation similar as yours, I have 2 Sony FS7s, though.
What has been working for me, even though Plural Eyes keeps crashing on me, so have been saving every 30 seconds...hahaha
I created a basic timeline in premiere with my 2 FS7 cameras, plus 8 tracks of audio, I just laid them on the timeline, stacked them on separate audio tracks obviously and then exported the prproj from premiere and opened it in PE, everything is there and off to synching!!!!....... Let me know if it worked for you.

Good Luck,
Cris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]