FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Syncing Atomos Shogun Footage with PluralEyes 3

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Megan Carroll
Problems Syncing Atomos Shogun Footage with PluralEyes 3
on Mar 19, 2015 at 8:58:07 pm

I shot some interviews today using a Sony a7s and an Atomos Shogun. I recorded most of the footage through the Shogun but then it ran out of battery, so I recorded the last few just through the Sony. For audio, I used a Sennheiser boom mic connected to a Zoom H4n.

I imported all of the clips into Premiere Pro and made two sequences. One for the Sony clips and one for the Shogun clips. I sent the Sony sequence to PluralEyes 3 and it synced up the footage perfectly to the audio I recorded from the H4n. But when I sent the Shogun sequence to PluralEyes, it wouldn't sync. I tried just importing the Shogun footage straight to PluralEyes and that also didn't work. It won't sync anything at all; all the clips are red.

I double checked that the Shogun clips have audio, and they do. It recorded in 4 channels, but 2 of the channels are silent. The H4n recorded in stereo (just through the left channel though).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

michael klein
Re: Problems Syncing Atomos Shogun Footage with PluralEyes 3
on May 10, 2015 at 1:23:03 pm

Hey,

im having the exact same problem.

What im trying now is going through all the shogun clips. showing them in timeline and deleting the first two channels and reexporting the files to than sync them via pluraleyes.

cheers
M

Return to posts index

Stan Thomas
on Dec 12, 2015 at 7:30:12 pm

I've tried removing the audio tracks but plural eyes still doesn't work. And shows with audio. I'm having the same situation. I can't get shogun files to sync with audio files from a recorder.

Return to posts index

Adam Weinberg
on Dec 13, 2015 at 7:16:04 am

Have the same problem in FCP7. Found a work around:

1. Place Shogun files in sequence and delete first 2 channels of blank audio.
2. Export all the full Shogun files w/ just 2 channels as AIFs.
2. Delete Shogun files from sequence and replace with AIFs.
3. Sync in PluralEyes.
4. Replace AIFs in sequence with original Shogun files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]