FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a workflow to get raw p2 footage synced in PluralEyes

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Ellison
Looking for a workflow to get raw p2 footage synced in PluralEyes
on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:32:39 pm

I am editing a reality television series that shoots with P2 footage. It is a 4 camera set up for shooting a car auction and I need to sync my A and BCAM. I am editing in Premiere Pro CC but I can't sync there since my timecode starts and stops. Premiere just treats each clip as a new camera and places all my clips on separate tracks.

So I am trying to get Premiere to talk with PluralEyes 3.5. I am sending my XML through the Adobe Extension to PluralEyes. My 788 audio loads fine, but my Camera audio won't write the waveforms on the camera track. The weird thing is if I mute the Audio recorder track I still get audio playback from the camera even though its not showing the waveforms.

Again my footage is P2 which I am linking to in Premiere. I am not transcoding the footage. I would like to avoid that if I can. I have hours of footage.
Is there a way to get PluralEyes to write the waveforms from my camera footage?

I read somewhere that PluralEyes can't read the P2 footage folder structure so you need to copy the audio and video out of the CONTENTS folder then load that up in PluralEyes. Is that true?

Is there another workflow to get RAW P2 synched in Plural Eyes?

Return to posts index

Paul Ellison
Re: Looking for a workflow to get raw p2 footage synced in PluralEyes
on Jan 10, 2015 at 12:16:58 am

After looking back at my footage in Premiere I noticed that my ACAM does not have audio written to the first 2 channels of the camera. It shows that channels 3 and 4 have the camera audio.
My BCAM has all 4 channels of camera audio and loads fine into PluralEyes.

I guess PluralEyes can't read the audio for the camera if it's not on the first 2 channels.
Can anyone confirm this?

I tried deleting the first 2 channels and sending channels 3 and 4 over but PluralEyes still wouldn't write the waveforms for the camera audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]