FORUMS: list search recent posts

PE 3.5.5 export XML to FCPX 10.1.4 with 9 audio and one video

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Williams
PE 3.5.5 export XML to FCPX 10.1.4 with 9 audio and one video
on Dec 7, 2014 at 9:53:43 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying PE 3.5.5 to sync GOPRO Hero3 footage to 9 audio tracks recorded with wireless mics. I load the 9 audio tracks into 9 audio bins, then load the GOPRO footage and hit sync (with Try Really Hard, Level Audio and OK to move clips all enabled) PE syncs fine. I have four different GOPRO cams, each with its own PE project. Then I export to FCPX via XML. In FCPX, I have a new library for the import. I import the XML from PE for all four projects into the library. The four projects show up in FCPX, three at 59.94p, the first at 60p as indicated in the Inspector.

WHen opening a project, the audio bins all come in fine, as connected clips for each audio track. The video appears to come in... on the browser the clips show up, and will initially display in the Viewer when skimming or playing from the clip in the browser. The clips in the timeline come in with erratic results. One came in perfectly to FCPX. One came in with some of the clips showing as unrendered (thick red line at top of timeline and no audio in the clip) while some of the clips have no thumbnail view in the timeline but will play. The third and fourth came in with all the video indicated as unrendered, with no audio, and the thumbnail the same across all the clips. If I try to render, FCPX thinks there is nothing to do and comes back immediately, but the red line at the top of the timeline is still there and the video doesn't play. (The clips in the browser for these two projects DO play however)

I can't manually match up the 9 audio tracks to each camera's footage (there are other cameras to go through after the GOPRO footage)

Ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
Re: PE 3.5.5 export XML to FCPX 10.1.4 with 9 audio and one video
on Dec 7, 2014 at 10:25:04 pm

On more insight on this, in FCPX I turned on the "orange line" for clips in the browser, which indicates if the clip is used in the project currently opening the timeline. For the two projects where no video shows, NO clips are being used! Somehow the browser knows to display the clip but the timeline is not finding it?
If I drag the "same" clip from the browser into the timeline and choose "Replace", the timeline reflects proper thumbnails, and has sound, but STILL won't play in the timeline. Also, dragging the "same" clip from the browser to the timeline removes the red Unrendered line from above that clip.

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on Dec 7, 2014 at 10:36:30 pm

OK further, the clips in the browser have names like GP015175, while in the timeline the name is GP015175.MP4. One has the TLA at the end the other does not. Could there be a problem with PE exporting XML where the clip name is incorrect (or FCPX importing the XML improperly?) If I right click on a trouble clip in the timeline and choose reveal in Browser, the corresponding clip without the MP4 is indicated by the Browser. In the browser, right click on the clip and choose reveal in Finder, shows the clip is located in the path projectname.fcpbundle->{project-folder}->Original Media->mp4-file. That pathname is not normally visible in the Finder (the library.fcpbundle doesn't act like a folder, but as a file)

BTW when dragging a clip from the browser and replacing the "same" clip in the timeline, the clip in the Browser then gets an orange stripe indicating it is used in the current project.

Thanks for reading through this, someone here will have ideas.

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on Dec 10, 2014 at 7:30:29 am

Part of the problem seems to be that when exporting XML directly to FCPX it can create a new project and go in the wrong library.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]